Salary InformationWeekly Rate: $576.50 - $1415.50
This season is your chance to be a part of the Fios Technician team. They’re the people who keep our fiber-optic network rolling. Develop your skills and gain experience in the real world. You'll be out and about in the neighborhoods we serve, installing, testing, repairing and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of customers connected. It’s better here.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives work assignments and trouble cases from designated employees or via tablets.
- Installing, rearranging, and maintaining inside wiring.
- Rearranging and reconnecting fiber optic wiring at pole, underground or building terminals.
- Performing necessary work to connect, disconnect, test, repair and maintain various types of company and customer provided telephones and equipment.
- Configuring customers' computer and equipment.
- Performing diagnostic tests on integrated circuit equipment to determine trouble.
- Interpreting service orders and circuit diagrams.
- Evaluating customer communication needs and promoting the sale of Company products and services, and referring customers to the appropriate office.
- Communicating frequently with customers on matters dealing with service, planning, billing, and Company policy.
- Works aloft; climbs ladders and poles; enter tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces, manholes, and other confined spaces to accomplish job tasks.
- May perform light digging.
- May be required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- May work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Normally works and travels alone between work locations by driving Company vehicles with little or no direct supervision.
- Responsible for arranging work load and dealing directly with the appropriate center.
- Identifying and meeting individual customer requirements on installation and/or repair contacts.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Must meet Verizon medical standards for the job. Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors. Must meet weight restriction to comply with OSHA/Company safety standards.
- Ability to move and/or lift items such as ladders, tools, cable, test equipment and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must meet applicable federal and state standards for operating the size vehicles covered by this job title.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers.
- Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. May be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business necessitate.
- A valid state driver's license is required satisfactory driving record. Must have ability to drive company vehicle and read and interpret road maps.
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years installing Cable TV, Data, Internet, and/or Satellite TV
- 1+ years telecom installation and maintenance experience
- 1+ years customer service experience
**Applicants can be considered for hiring in our Ellicott City, MD, location as well.
**This is a temporary, summer employment opportunity. Candidates must be able to work full-time, 40 hours/week. The position duration will range between May-September 2017.
**Must pass all critical skills/training which includes but is not limited to Pole Climbing and Fios Training.
**Fios technical training may require extended, overnight travel.
Verizon Job Fit Test B
Field Operations Assessment
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6766744-fios-technician-seasonal-work
• Post ID: 21777943 westernmaryland