How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communicates, our Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The idea candidate will perform as a Symantec Netbackup Administrator to ensure customer and client expectations are being exceeded by providing a variety of backup and disaster recovery support and services which include:
• Extensive operational experience in implementing and maintaining NetBackup solutions in a large enterprise environment and integrating backups into the technical strategy for system recovery;
• Previous experience working with various 3rd party vendors (Symantec, EMC, NetApp, Compellent, etc);
• Expert level knowledge of Symantec Netbackup and working knowledge of Linux and MS Windows OS;
• Experience with and understanding of Quantum and Dell Tape Libraries;
• Oversee Backup job maintenance and monitoring;
• Serve as a liaison with other technical support teams to ensure Backup failures are handled in a timely manner;
• Work with architecture and build/deployment teams to review and coordinate implementation activities;
• Operate hardware/software for the Backup and Recovery infrastructure;
• Provide support of all Backup and Recovery infrastructure;
• Develop and / or Review documented procedures related to Systems Administration of the Backup and Recovery environment;
• Respond, track and escalate system incidents on all Backup and Recovery infrastructure;
• Assist in system patch deployments, hardware maintenance, application upgrades and patches;
• Monitor and resolve alerts;
• Follow change management and configuration management procedures and guidelines;
• Monitor system security;
• Perform system administration duties such as troubleshooting, system performance tuning, disk management custom package creation and shell scripting;
• Perform system directed restores of data;
• Configure and monitor archive retention policies and prepare audit reports;
• Perform offsite tape preparation for retention and compliance mandated legal and agency data handling requirements;
• Align job policy for retention and compliance by mandated legal and agency data handling requirements.
This is a Senior Engineer / Administrator position. The successful candidate will have the additional duty of managing / supervising and training a junior NetBackup Administrator.
Due to the necessary technical support duties of this position in a 24/7 operation, candidate may be required to work various shifts such as weekends and/or nights/evenings (on rare occurrences).
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=16028217&lang=en
• Post ID: 21226103 westernmaryland