Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
The Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking Systems Engineer Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Technology Services portfolio managing and directing one or more task/work orders. The Systems Engineer Manager will lead a team of cross functional technical engineers and project support people with frequent interfacing with the customer. The successful candidate will be able to work in a dynamic, energetic environment. Multi-tasking, time-management, and customer relationship skills will be keys for success. This position is located in Woodlawn, MD.
Other Roles and Responsibilities:
• Organizes resources to support multiple tasks simultaneously and manages the execution of those tasks across Northrop Grumman and sub-contractor teams
• Provides oral and written communications on status and issues to client and NG Management team
• Anticipates issues or problems; works to mitigate or negate the anticipated effects of the problems
• Manages day-to-day tasks of multiple projects, ensures projects have detailed plans and staffing is allocated efficiently, defines and monitors metrics to ensure projects are on track.
• Coordinates with Program Management and Mission Assurance leaders on the project to assure effective internal as well as external quality assessments, reporting and tracking, and other activities.
• Ensures events and meetings are accurately documented and recorded, and resulting action items are assigned and tracked to completion.
• Ensures Statement of Work responsibilities and deliverables are delivered on time and according to specifications and requirements.
• Assists PMs with schedule and technical performance of projects and provides expertise regarding project documentation requirements; monitors adherence to project plans and schedules' performance.
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
• Ensure HIPAA violations do not occur within the project by taking a proactive role in the constant vigilance and rigor to emphasize HIPAA compliance throughout all levels of the program (systems, personnel, and data).
• Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports
• Serve as technical advisor
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
• Manages all technical, personnel, and process improvement aspects for assigned department
• Interfaces with infrastructure contractors managing assets in the data centers
• Ensures that all applicable corporate policies and procedures are followed throughout organization
• Coordinates technical activities with staff
• Proactively improves processes
• Responds to ad-hoc customer service requests and inquiries
• Presents status reports, meeting minutes, etc. at meetings and deliver on action items
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17017847&lang=en
• Post ID: 25229403 westernmaryland