Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate to join the Mission Systems Human Resources (HR) team. The position may be located in Annapolis Junction, MD, Fairfax, Chantilly or McLean, VA. There will be travel between various locations. The selected candidate will lead a team of geographically dispersed HR professionals aligned as the HR Business Partner for the Cyber and Intelligence Discipline to support an Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sciences (EM&S) homeroom and provide oversight and development to direct reports. Additionally, the HR Manager will support the Business Facing Cyber and Intelligence Team as part of the EM&S homeroom.
The selected candidate will be the focal point to assist in the development and implementation of HR strategy, programs and policies for the discipline; including talent identification, performance management, employee relations, compensation, reward and recognition, succession planning, organization and staff development, leadership/bench strength development, staffing, etc. Additionally, the selected candidate will manage a small team of HR business partners. As part of the matrix environment, strong collaboration with the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Systems Division HR team is a critical part of success to this role.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Establish strong business relationships with client leadership teams and create effective partnerships across HR, centers of excellence (COE’s), finance, and P&L organizations
• Identify trends, risks, and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with HR business partners, division and matrix leadership, COE and regional/division HR business leaders. As a working HR Manager, be able to act in an agile way, moving from leading change with leadership to working with employees on daily HR functions
• Ensure winning practices are employed in the areas of talent acquisition, assessment, development, employee relations compensation, organizational effectiveness, strategy, on-boarding, change management and communications
• Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to enable good business decisions
• Leverage and partner with HR colleagues in operations, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee relations, diversity and inclusion and organizational effectiveness to support talent strategies
• Provide business insight through data analysis, research and benchmarking
• Provide day-to-day people leadership of team and create an environment that accelerates development of HR talent; apply rigorous knowledge management to capture learning, drive continuous improvement, and enhance employee engagement
• Assist in driving business growth from an organization and talent perspective
• Play a key change leadership role in the company’s transformation by creating a culture of growth, innovation and risk taking
• Leadership Development—focused on strong succession planning and strategic leadership movement. Partner with business leaders to build leadership depth to support the succession planning process. Support and enable leaders to make informed decisions about talent and to hold their organizations accountable for business results.
This position has significant senior leadership contact and requires a candidate with strong leadership and decision making skills with the ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity. The incumbent must have strong communication and cross-cultural skills to be able to effectively interact with a geographically disbursed senior leadership team. Candidate may be required to travel up to 20% of time for domestic and international business, sometimes with short notice.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17010413&lang=en
• Post ID: 21409358 westernmaryland