Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking RedHat Linux System Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government’s largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on designing and maintaining the 24x7 UNIX/Linux server infrastructures that support SSA mission critical web-based applications.
Description of Work:
• Design and maintain the 24x7 UNIX/Linux server infrastructures that support SSA mission critical web-based applications.
• Maintain the UNIX/Linux Servers and secure the servers according to the Policy Compliance Management requirements.
• Provide system and log analysis, performance tuning and monitoring to ensure security for all DIIAS UNIX/Linux Web and Application servers.
• Install, develop and maintain scripts and code to support various new system functions in the UNIX/Linux intranet and Internet environments.
• Maintain and support eTrust Access Control for all ULPST UNIX/Linux user accounts.
• Maintain and support CA eTrust Directory servers that support the agency wide Directory.
• Maintain and support virtualization technology using Solaris Logical Domain (LDOM) and x86 virtualization technologies.
• Maintain and support Solaris 10 on the UNIX/Linux servers in the Internet and Intranet infrastructure.
• Work with the team and application sponsors to resolve issues that arise in the daily administration of the UNIX/Linux environment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems for all applications.
• Support, implement and maintain new applications coming into the environment.
• Present status information on issues and problems at the weekly team meetings.
• Document software changes.
• Document problem resolution steps.
• Assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution on Linux systems – performance, health, configuration
• Assure best-practices and standards are implemented and adhered to for software systems
• Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management and monitoring tools
• Notify Government representatives of issues involving performance of the operating environment
• Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences
• Interface with the customer on a daily basis
This requisition may be filled at either a level III or a level IV.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17008109&lang=en
• Post ID: 20698903 westernmaryland