PostgreSQL Database Administrator- Health IT - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Woodlawn, Maryland)
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking PostgreSQL Database Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government’s largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
Description of Work:
• Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment
• Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements
• Provide advice and support to development resources
• Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures
• Support the current standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
• Provide mentorship to group members and help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
• May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
• The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17006805&lang=en
• Post ID: 20101118 westernmaryland