Linux Cyber Systems Administrator 3 - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Annapolis Junction, Maryland)
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry’s best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a mid level Linux Cyber Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD supporting one of our prime programs.
Description of Position:
The Linux Cyber Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting the production and test systems for the project’s Linux and Solaris desktop and server environments. This position entails hands-on IT assignments requiring technical expertise necessary to effectively implement systems administration strategies to support the project’s technology functions. This position has daily interaction with our customer, and as such requires an exceptional customer focus. Effective communication skills, flexibility, a strong teamwork approach, and the desire to work in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment are necessary for success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain existing development and production Linux / Solaris systems as well as architect, document, test, and deploy new systems to support user requirements.
- Responsible for building and maintaining documentation for production and development systems.
- Responsible for documenting and rehearsing disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Ensure that all systems are maintained and updated to required patch levels throughout the lifecycle of the system, including configuration management through automation.
- Write scripts to automate administrative functions and provide a more consistent work flow for the program.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd Tier hardware and software support to end-users.
- Respond to internal trouble ticket system requests to repair systems that are not performing correctly. Document repair in ticketing system, and if appropriate publish in the knowledgebase. Communicate issues and timeframes for issue resolution to the customer.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and software in infrastructure racks.
- Work with Backup Administrator to verify systems are backed up and appropriately tested on a recurring basis.
- Be a proactive member of team looking for improvements in technologies and efficiencies.
- Assume other duties / projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department.
- Participate in On-Call group to provide after-hours assistance in the event of a production system outage – outages are infrequent.
Systems include RHEL-based workstations and servers; both physical and virtual
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17004256&lang=en
• Post ID: 22453593 westernmaryland