Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) 5 - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Annapolis Junction,
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) will be responsible for designing and implementing security controls for client network and infrastructure elements, in order to meet federal regulatory compliance specifications. Candidates will also perform an in-depth analysis of the current infrastructure environments, risk assessments, and will document and conduct risk assessments and validate the security controls. This is a 25% hands-on security position, 75% of the work will be performing security analysis, risk assessments and ensuring compliance with a Federal Governance (ICD DOD 8500, JSIG and NISPOM). Candidates must have experience participating in internal and external security audits.
Northrop is seeking an ISSO to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all systems security requirements and updates, providing guidance and instruction as necessary to the existing personnel.
- Initiate protective and corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Monitor system recovery processes and ensure the proper restoration of an IS security feature.
- Retain audit logs in accordance with USPS Policy Evaluate system security posture and made recommendations to Senior staff for correction and implementation plans
- Evaluate security documentation, including SSAAs, COOPs, and SOPs
- Ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before they are granted access to the IS
- Ensure Configuration Management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware is documented and maintained.
- Support authorization activities throughout the SAA process ensuring that system security requirements are followed
- Establish audit trails and ensure their review, and make them available, when required.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17011945&lang=en
• Post ID: 22047463 westernmaryland